Films with strong female leads are absolutely vital.
I'm not talking about super hero (or heroine) films, although those are cool – I like to see girls kicking butt as much as anybody.
But it's those every day female driven films with real lead characters who represent real women that I most admire.
Some of them are based on real women, others on females who seem real.
They could be your friends, your mothers, your sisters, or your wives.
In recent years, there have been many more strong, inspirational, and admiral characters;
chronicling all of them would be impossible.
So, here are some of my favorite films led by strong female characters.
Take a look and then please feel free to add your favorites, too.
1. Steel Magnolias
Steel Magnolias is one of my favorite movies of all time.
A lot of people are tempted to pass it off as just another chick flick, but it's also one of the best films with strong female leads you'll ever watch.
M'Lynn has to go through probably the hardest thing any mother can ever experience, and she comes through it with grace and strength.
She is #beautiful in her grief, and her speech about Southern women – which is appropriate for strong women from anywhere – always resonates.
However, Shelby has her moments as well, and as for Clairee and Ouiser, they are both embodiments of strength.
- 7 Teen Movies Every Girl Should See at Least Once ...
- 7 Classic Lifetime Movies That Every Girl Should See at Least Once in Her Life ...
- Fabulous Movies 🎥 with Life Changing Messages 💬 Every Girl Needs to See 💁🏿💁🏼💁🏽💁🏻 ...
- 9 Cute Princess Movies Every Girl Should See Once ...
- Wonderful Movies 🎥 That Will Satisfy 😀 the Girl with an Intellectual Soul 🤓 ...